Green Power Leadership Awards > Awards Details >Suppliers
The Nomination Period Is Now Closed
The Green Power Leadership Awards for Suppliers (Supplier Awards) recognize exceptional achievement among green power suppliers to end use customers in supporting increased market deployment of renewable energy technologies.
- Any party may submit nominations or suppliers may self-nominate.
- Previous winners and nominees are eligible for 2008 Awards if nomination provides evidence that substantial progress has been achieved since they were nominated previously.
- There is no limit to the number of nominations that may be submitted per party.
- A 12 consecutive month period must be used when calculating green power sales, percentages or other quantitative information for nominations.
A nominee is eligible if the following requirements are met:
- The nominee is either an electric utility, retail marketer, REC marketer and/or project developer; o The entire renewable energy supply must be sourced from new, eligible renewable energy resources as defined by Green-e (in service since 1997)
- Only nominations showing proof that programs and companies directly support voluntary green power markets will be considered—power used to comply with a renewable energy mandate, such as a renewables portfolio standard (RPS), does not qualify
- Renewable Energy Credit (REC) ownership is retained by end use customer or retired
- Supplemental material MUST be submitted to demonstrate clear customer disclosure and evidence of third party verification of sales and truth in marketing. Nominations without supplemental material to support clear disclosure claims will receive a zero in the category which will seriously impact nominee’s competitive standing
- No international green power sales or customers are eligible. Companies with international green power sales must subtract these from their total sales volumes
New Green Power Program or Company
New Since January 2007
To recognize green power programs or suppliers judged as “most successful” in the marketplace based on both quantitative criteria—such as customer participation, green power sales, resources and technologies utilized, amount of green power supplied—and qualitative criteria—such as overall value provided to customers. For the purposes of this award, a “new” program or product is defined as being first offered in January 2007 or thereafter. All categories of green power suppliers (utilities, retail marketers, and REC sellers) and products are eligible for this award.
Small Residential/Commercial Green Power Program
or Supplier of the Year
To recognize renewable energy programs or suppliers demonstrating leadership, growth and success in supplying and/or marketing renewable energy to residential and other small customers in voluntary green power markets. Eligible programs can also serve large commercial or institutional customers, but place significant emphasis on marketing to residential or small commercial customers. Small customers may be defined as annual electricity usage of < 1,000,000 kWh.
Quantitative criteria include: resources and technologies utilized; overall value provided to customers through product pricing and fuel-price stability benefits; percentage of residential customer participation; amount of green power supplied in MWh; number of green power customers served.
Additional criteria include a description of how the supplier serves green power markets; other benefits provided to program participants; product pricing; evidence of an annual audit or other formal procedure to verify green power procurement and sales; and evidence of clear consumer disclosure of product content, price and terms of service in marketing or other public materials (a sample of materials must be submitted to support this assertion).
Nominees who do not provide product pricing will be at a serious disadvantage and are discouraged from submitting a nomination in this category.
Large Commercial/Institutional Green Power Program
or Supplier of the Year
To recognize renewable energy programs or suppliers demonstrating leadership, growth and success in supplying and/or marketing renewable energy to large end use customers in voluntary green power markets.
Quantitative criteria include: resources and technologies utilized; amount of green power supplied in MWh; number of green power programs and customers served.
Additional criteria include existence of a strong renewable energy strategy or overall environmental strategy; how the supplier serves green power markets; outreach and education of the public; how marketer contributes to the expansion of green power markets; other benefits provided to program participants; and evidence of an annual audit or other formal procedure to verify green power procurement and sales.
How to Apply
Please submit separate nominations for each award. If you are nominating your supplier, please collaborate with the nominee to accurately capture their entire contribution to the marketplace, not just your transaction with them. Self nominations are encouraged.
Nominations for Supplier Awards (five pages maximum, not including the instructions page of this form and/or supplemental materials) should be emailed email@example.com.
Please be sure to label your nomination materials with the type of award and include information for ALL criteria. Missing information will undermine competitive standing.
All Nominations were due by 5:00pm on Friday, June 27
For additional information on the Supplier Awards, please see Courtney Welch at Contractor to DOE.